- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170.9
- Total Fat: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 32.9 mg
- Sodium: 476.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.8 g
- Protein: 20.4 g
Chiliastic While Bean ChiliSubmitted by: ACTIVELEE
IntroductionA nice light Chili in weight and color. Sometimes those tomato based soups get old. Adapted from LANEEE's Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. A nice light Chili in weight and color. Sometimes those tomato based soups get old. Adapted from LANEEE's Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili.
1.5 lbs Boneless Chicken Breast
3 cans Fat Free/Low Sodium Chicken Broth
4 Can Bush's Great Northern Beans RINSED
2 can Green Chilies
1 large Onion
2 cups chopped Cilantro
8 Cloves Garlic
4 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1. Dice up your Onion, Green Chilies,Cilantro, and Garlic. Dump in a crockpot.
2. Rinse your beans in a strainer and then pour over veggies in crock pot.
3. Dump Oregano, Cayenne, and cumin in.
4. Pour Chicken Broth in. Give a stir.
5. Place Chicken Breasts (frozen or not, if you don't want to simmer as long can be thawed) on top.
Simmer 5-6 hours. You can take the chicken out at about 5 hours and cube or shred or just break it apart with a utensil while cooking. After it is apart put it back in and stir. I shred it right in the crock pot by moving it around with a wooden spoon.
Pour in a bowl and dig in!
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ACTIVELEE.