Sauteed Mung BeansSubmitted by: BLUEANGEL57
IntroductionTraditional Filipino Food (AKA Munggo Gisado) Traditional Filipino Food (AKA Munggo Gisado)
1 Tbsp corn oil
2 cloves fresh garlic; crushed
1 cup white onions, chopped (1 medium)
1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes (1 5-oz tomato)
1 cup raw lean pork, thinly sliced (4 oz)
1 cup raw shrimp, peeled (4 oz)
1 cup leaf spinach frozen (around 2/3 of 10oz package)
3-1/2 cups precooked mung beans (from 1-3/4 cups dry)
4 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepepr
1. Wash and boil uncooked beans, using 6 cups of water. Cook until tender, around 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Drain and return to saucepan.
2. In skillet, heat oil and pan fry garlic until lightly brown.
3. Add onions and tomatoes. Pan fry until skin begins to curl.
4. Add pork and pan fry until lightly brown.
5. Add water and simmer pork for around 15 minutes.
6. Add sauteed mix to beans. Simmer 15 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Add peeled shrimp. To avoid toughness, don't overcook.
9. Add frozen leaf spinach and cook 4 minutes or until done. If fresh use only 2 minutes.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BLUEANGEL914.