Tofu SoupSubmitted by: BLUEANGEL57
IntroductionTraditional Vietnamese Dish Traditional Vietnamese Dish
1 oz firm tofu cut into 1 inch cubes
2 large tomatoes sliced
1/4 lb ground pork
2 green onion stems
2 1/3 cups water
1 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp MSG
2 tsp salt
6 cups cooked white rice
2. Add water, tomatoes, salt, MSG, and fish sauce into the pot.
3. Allow soup to boil until tomato gets mushy.
4. Scramble the eggs, then slowly pour egg into soup while slowly stirring.
5. Cut and discard the white end of the green onion, then cut the green onion into two inch strips.
6. Add tofu and green onions into the pot.
7. Allow to boil for one more minute.
8. Allow 4 minutes to cool. Serve over white rice. Makes 4 servings.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BLUEANGEL914.