Barbecue-Rubbed Pork ChopsSubmitted by: NORJUNMA1
IntroductionFrom Cooking Light. A tasty, quickly prepared meal that's great for week nights. From Cooking Light. A tasty, quickly prepared meal that's great for week nights.
* 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
* 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed (about 1/2 inch thick)
* Canola Oil
2) Pat chops dry and pack rub onto chops, coating thoroughly
3) Heat pan (frying or grill) and add oil, just enough to glaze the bottom of the pan (if there's too much at the botom soak it up with a paper towel).
4) Place chops in pan, searing on both sides and allowing to cook for about 8 minutes. Flip often, so that the rub caramalizes, but doesn't burn.
5) Remove chops from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
6) Serve with a backed potato and some veggies.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NORJUNMA1.