- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 122.6
- Total Fat: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 0.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 4.0 g
whole wheat french bread rollsSubmitted by: ANNESG
* 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 4 cups bread flour
2. To the yeast mixture, add the oil, salt, and 2 cups flour. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough has pulled away from the sides of the bowl. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
3. Deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces, and form into round balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4. Bake fo10-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANNESG.