- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 207.8
- Total Fat: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 238.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.3 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
Spicy Tomato with Chipotle and Spinach SoupSubmitted by: CATCH23
Introductionfrom Refresh cookbook from Refresh cookbook
* Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
* Onions, raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia)
* Garlic, 3 cloves
* Carrots, raw, 1 medium
* Celery, raw, 1 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long)
* Medium sized Tomatoes (chopped), 4
* Roasted Red Pepper 1 medium
* Chipotle Peppers, 2
* Adobo sauce, 1 tbsp
* Crushed Tomatoes, 3 cup
* Vegetable Stock, 3 cup (we used our own fresh which we have also uploaded)
* Spinach, fresh, 4 cup
Add chopped tomato, roasted red pepper, chipotles, adobo sauce, crushed tomatoes and stock.
Bring to a boil and cook until the carrots are soft.
Remove from heat and puree.
Add salt (if needed) and spinach, stir and serve.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CATCH23.