Caprese Chicken ParmesanSubmitted by: BLUESUNSHINEFL
IntroductionWithout marinara of any kind. Just the way I like it. Without marinara of any kind. Just the way I like it.
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan & Romano Cheese
1 tbsp Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
1 Large Egg
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Paprika
Pinch of Black Pepper
Handful of Fresh Basil
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup Shredded Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2) Preheat nonstick skillet
3) Spray nonstick cooking oil in a baking dish
4) On a plate, combine flour and black pepper
5) In a bowl, beat egg with chicken broth. Add chopped basil
6) On another plate, combine bread crumbs, parmesan & romano cheese, garlic powder, and paprika.
7) Coat chicken breasts on both sides with flour, then dip on both sides in egg mixture, then dredge on both sides in cheese-bread crumb mixture
8) Add chicken breasts to skillet with EVOO. Cook just until brown on each side. It will finish cooking in the oven.
9) Place chicken breasts in prepared baking dish. Bake in oven for 15-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken
10) In the last 5 minutes, top breasts with mozzarella. This needs to be added in the end because cheese burns easily.
11) Slice tomatoes in half and squeeze juices out over the sink before dicing them. Top mozzarella with diced tomatoes. Enjoy.
-- 6 WW points --
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BLUESUNSHINEFL.