Butter Chicken SamosasSubmitted by: GAMERGIRL22
IntroductionI saw this on a tv show, Chris and Steven, here in Canada. I used the healthy alternatives for the ingredients, like the blue menu butter chicken, skim cottage cheese, and its baked! Great as an easy appetizer. I saw this on a tv show, Chris and Steven, here in Canada. I used the healthy alternatives for the ingredients, like the blue menu butter chicken, skim cottage cheese, and its baked! Great as an easy appetizer.
350 g package prepared butter chicken in sauce
14 or 15 egg roll wrappers*
1/3 cup (75 mL) melted butter
1 cup (250 g) cottage cheese 1%
* 1 lb. (450 g) package egg roll wrappers contains
2) Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
3) Open bag of butter chicken and, using kitchen scissors, snip chicken into 1/4-inch (6 mm) pieces or smaller (Keeping chicken in bag keeps sauce intact). Set aside.
4) To prepare egg roll wrappers -- work 2 at a time since they dry out quickly -- lightly brush both sides with melted butter.
5) Place about 1 tbsp each butter chicken mixture and cottage cheese just off-centre on each wrapper. Do not overfill. Fold over wrapper to form a triangle. Press open edges together (pressing out air pockets), fold over edges 1/2-inch (1 cm) and press down firmly to seal. Repeat until chicken filling is used up -- 14 to 15 Butter Chicken samosas.
6) Set samosas on lined baking sheet. Bake on middle rack 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Turn over. Continue baking another 6 to 8 minutes, or until wrappers are golden and crispy. Makes 14 to 15 Butter Chicken Samosas.
Number of Servings: 15
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GAMERGIRL22.