Homemade Pizza PocketsSubmitted by: ACERTAINSEASON
IntroductionThese pizza pockets taste fresher and leaner than any Hot Pocket out there. These pizza pockets taste fresher and leaner than any Hot Pocket out there.
1 Whole-wheat Pita Pocket
Turkey Pepperoni slices (5-7 will fit)
1/4 cup Fat-Free Shredded Mozzerella Cheese
1/5 cup (or about 2 tbsp) Spaghetti/Pizza Sauce
1/8 cup canned mushrooms, sliced*
1/8 cup bell pepper, diced or sliced*
1/8 cup onion, diced or sliced*
Pizza seasoning, to taste*
(add/remove additional veggies not listed to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Mix the two tablespoons of spaghetti/pizza sauce with whatever seasoning you wish (this is optional; many sauces come seasoned and are about the same nutritional value).
3. Spread about two tablespoons of spaghetti/pizza sauce inside whole wheat pita pocket. Be careful not to rip the pita pocket too much!
4. Arrange/layer turkey pepperoni inside pita pocket.
5. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of the pepperoni.
6. Add mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, or other veggies of choosing on top of turkey pepperoni and cheese inside pita pocket.
7. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of veggies.
8. Cook pita pocket on tin foil or cookie sheet for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
9. Let cool for 2 minutes, then enjoy!
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ALLSHOOKUP.