Spanish Shrimp with GarlicSubmitted by: JYT_2573
1/8 cup olive oil
3/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons Sherry or Cognac (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/8 cup chopped parsley
1. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
2. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir-fry about 2 minutes. (Don't let the garlic brown.)
3. Add the shrimp and paprika and stir-fry about 2 more minutes.
4. Add the lemon juice and Sherry or Cognac and stir-fry another 2 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink.
5. If you added Sherry or Cognac, remove the shrimp to a serving dish once they're cooked and keep the sauce on the heat until its reduced slightly. Then spoon the sauce over the shrimp and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JYT_2573.