- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 12.1
- Total Fat: 0.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 16.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
Lemon Meringue Cookies (Kisses)Submitted by: REBECCAK72
IntroductionLow Cal and Zero Fat Low Cal and Zero Fat
2 Egg Whites
1/8 tspn salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 tspn Lemon extract ( or 2 Tbspn Realemon Concentrate)
2. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and set aside.
3.Beat egg whites and salt in small bowl at high electric-mixer speed until frothy.
4. With mixer still at high speed, add sugar gradually
5. Continue beating until meringue peaks stiffly (about 4 minutes).
7. Beat in vanilla and lemon
8.Drop meringue from rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets (2 inches apart.)
9. Set in oven, IMMEDIATELY TURN OVEN OFF, and let cookies remain in the oven for 2 hours (you can leave them in overnight)
10. Peel meringue off parchment
11. Store in airtight container
(You can substitue other flavors for the Lemon.)
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user REBECCAK72.