- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 308.2
- Total Fat: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 102.1 mg
- Sodium: 355.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.1 g
- Protein: 30.6 g
Country Style Chicken CaseroleSubmitted by: CROWNECAKES
6 chicken thighs, drumsticks removed
6 pearl onions
1 medium carrot, coarsely diced
1 stick celery, coarsely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups button mushrooms
Splash sherry vinegar
1 medium can tomatoes, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
2) In the same pan, add the pearl onions, carrot and celery, and sauté over medium-high heat using the residual
chicken fat to brown lightly.
3) Next, add the minced garlic and fresh rosemary. Continue to sauté for an additional 2 -3 minutes.
4) Add the tomato paste and stir thoroughly.
5) Then add the mushrooms, sherry and sherry vinegar. Simmer gently and stir.
6) Next, add the canned tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
7) Add back the chicken thighs, skin-side up, and bake in a preheated oven at 340°F – 360°F for 12 – 18
minutes, until the chicken thighs are cooked and tender.
Note: you may wish to baste the chicken thighs every 3-4 minutes during cooking, or cover with a lid for the last 5
or 6 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Michael Bonacini
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CROWNECAKES.