- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 192.6
- Total Fat: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 79.2 mg
- Sodium: 869.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 33.3 g
Guiltless Chicken Cordon BleuSubmitted by: CRIS76
IntroductionWeight-loss friendly version of a french classic. A little bit of prep goes into this dish, but the payoff is SO worth it!
This low-cal version makes it guiltless to have seconds! Weight-loss friendly version of a french classic. A little bit of prep goes into this dish, but the payoff is SO worth it!
This low-cal version makes it guiltless to have seconds!
NOTE: Read "T" as tablespoon, "t" as teaspoon
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 packet Budding Ham, 90 calorie pack
2 slices Kraft Singles Fat Free Swiss
1/2 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
1 egg white
1/4 c Contadina bread crumbs, italian style
1 T water
- preheat oven to 350
- dice cheese up.
- put the bread crumbs in a bowl, measured
- beat together egg white and water
Remember, whenever you handle raw chicken, you need to wash your hands AND your work area to prevent spread of bacteria.
1. Place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and beat with meat mallet until chicken is approximately 1/4 inch thick. Do not beat too much, you do not want holes in your meat.
2. Take off top layer of plastic wrap. On top of chicken, split the package of ham and the slices of cheese between the 2 chicken breasts. Do not spread them too close to the edge, but enough from the center to make a nice pinwheel after rolled. Add your salt and pepper to the top of the chicken.
3. Roll the chicken breasts up and around the middle ingredients. Use toothpicks to secure if necessary.
4. Brush the chicken generously with the egg/water mixture.
5. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the chicken. Be sure to get as much as possible stuck to the chicken.
6. Put the chicken in an ungreased baking dish, seam side down. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is done.
7. Take the baking dish from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for at least 2 minutes before serving.
8. Slice into pinwheels before serving.
Serving Size = 1/2 chicken breast
In the ingredients list I list 1 egg white from a large egg; however, in the calories calculation, I only calculate half the egg white because once you brush the chicken, you are going to throw some of the egg/water mixture away. I would even think you are using less than half the egg white, but I didn't want to split hairs.
In addition to all this, my husband likes me to swap out the swiss cheese for pepper jack. I do and he LOVES it - says it gives it more kick; however, the calculations here are for the swiss slices only. If you swap out for pepper jack cheese, you'll have to recalculate nutritional value.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CRIS76.