Citrus-y Stir-fry ShrimpSubmitted by: LILSTARLET
12 oz - Shrimp, raw
3.5 cup - Snow Peas, fresh,
3.5 cup - Mushrooms, fresh
3 1/2 fl. oz - Orange Juice, fresh
1/2 tsp - Cornstarch
3 tsp - Splenda Granulated
3 1/2 tbsp - Lite Soy Sauce
3 tsp - Garlic, minced
2 1/2 tbsp - Scallions, raw, chopped
2) Meanwhile, in a small dish, combine orange juice, soy sauce, splenda, cornstarch, scallions and garlic. Mix thouroughly and transfer to a small saucepan. Set heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
3) Remove sauce from heat, transfer back to the small dish, and set aside.
4) Once the pot of water has reached a full boil, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp are opaque (about 35 seconds for large skrimp). Drain Water, and rince shrimp in cold water and set aside.
5) In a large pot or wok sprayed with nonstick spray, cook smow peas and mushrooms at medium heat, stirring occationally, for 5 to 7 minutes (Veggies should still be crisp).
6) Add shrimp, water chestnuts, and sauce. Stir and continue to cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, until entire dish is thouroughly heated and mixed.
Serve over rice if desired
Makes 4 servings.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LILSTARLET.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
water chestnuts are not listed in the ingredient list. How much to add? I used a small can of sliced water chestnuts. This recipe is good! I also added some orange zest to the sauce along with the orange juice. One navel orange was the perfect amount of juice. I will definitely make this again. - 2/15/10