- Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 213.2
- Total Fat: 12.5 g
- Cholesterol: 3.2 mg
- Sodium: 402.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
Low Sugar Carrot Cake & Cream Cheese Frosting CupcakesSubmitted by: NATNEAGLE
IntroductionLow sugar alternative to the real thing. Great for those of us with a sweet tooth. Low sugar alternative to the real thing. Great for those of us with a sweet tooth.
* Egg substitute, liquid (Egg Beaters), .5 cup
* Egg white, 4 serving
* *Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil, 15 tbsp (1/3 cup)
* unsweetened applesauce (4 oz), 0.33 cup
* Mott's Apple Juice, 8 oz
* Water, tap, .25 cup (8 fl oz)
* Flour, whole grain, 3 cup
* Baking Powder, 3 tsp (1 tbsp)
* Baking Soda, 1 tsp
* Salt, 1 tsp
* Cinnamon, ground, 2 tsp
* Nutmeg, ground, .25 tsp
* raisins (mini-box), .5 serving
* Carrots, raw, 2. cup, grated
* *Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese, 8 oz
* Butter, unsalted, .5 tbsp
* *Splenda, 2 tsp
* Vanilla Extract, 2 tsp
Stir together eggs, apple juice concentrate, oil, applesauce and water. Set aside.
Sift together dry ingredients: flour, baking power, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Grate carrots and spray cupcake liners with non-stick cooking spray.
Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots and raisins.
Pour equal amounts into muffin tins and bake at 350 F for about 20 -25minutes.
Cool cake completely and frost with blended cream cheese frosting.
Keep in fridge.
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NATNEAGLE.