- Servings Per Recipe: 51
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 70.5
- Total Fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 46.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
Home made pandesal (bread rolls) (51 rolls)Submitted by: JESINC2010
* 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
* 1/3 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 6 cups all-purpose flour
1. Put the warm water in a small mixing bowl and add the yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar; stir to dissolve. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 15 teaspoons of sugar and the oil and mix until smooth. Add the salt, 1 cup of flour and the yeast mixture; stir well. Add the remaining 5 cups flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, supple and elastic; about 10 minutes. Lightly oil a large mixing bowl, place the dough in it and turn to coat the dough with oil. Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place until the dough has doubled in volume; about 1 hour.
4. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 equal pieces. Form each piece into a cylinder and roll out until the 'log' is 1/2 inch in diameter. Using a sharp knife, cut each 'log' into 1/2 inch pieces. Place the pieces, flat side down, onto two lightly greased baking sheets. Gently press each roll down to flatten.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
6. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Makes 51 small bread rolls
Number of Servings: 51
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JESINC2010.