Butternut Cinnamon SquashSubmitted by: MAUITN
• oil or fat, for greasing the squash
• 1 medium butternut squash
• 2 tablespoons butter or clarified butter from grass-fed cows (see sources)
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• dash unrefined sea salt
2. Split and seed the butter nut squash, then grease its skin with any oil or fat and place it flesh-side down in a casserole dish or clay baker.
3. Add about one to two cups water to the casserole dish and roast the squash at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until tender and easily pierced with the tines of a fork, about forty to sixty minutes.
4. Remove the squash from the oven and allow it to cool until you can easily handle the squash without gloves.
5. Spoon out the squash’s bright orange flesh and place it in a food processor or stand mixer along with two tablespoons butter, one teaspoon ground cinnamon and a dash unrefined sea salt.
6. Process until well-blended and quite smooth.
7. Serve warm.
YIELD: 4 to 6 servings
TIME: 5 minutes (preparation), 40 to 60 minutes (baking time)
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MAUITN.