Chicken Rice CakesSubmitted by: CMILLE81
IntroductionTaken from Oxygen Magazine-Original recipe with sweet potatoes. Taken from Oxygen Magazine-Original recipe with sweet potatoes.
• 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
• 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and finely shredded
• 1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
• 1 cup brown rice, cooked
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
• Sea salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
• 1–2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2. In a bowl, mix together chicken, mashed sweet potatoes, rice, egg, cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper. Shape into 8 patties.
3. Cook until golden brown on both sides and heated through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
4. In the same skillet, heat remaining olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned. Add vinegar to skillet to coat mushrooms; cook 1 minute longer. Serve on top of chicken rice cakes.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CMILLE81.