World's Best LasgnaSubmitted by: STEPHY3301
1 pound Ground BIson
1/2 cup minced onion (1 small)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Diced Roma Tomatoes
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
3 (6.5 ounce) cans canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
12 lasagna noodles
16 ounces low fat ricotta cheese
1.5 cups shredded Mozzerella Cheese
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, and remaining parsley
5.To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce.
6. Spread with one third of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese. Spoon 1 1/4 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 3 T. Parmesan cheese.
7. Repeat layers twice, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
8. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese. Put in refridgerator for one night.
6. Allow lasagne to sit out for 1 hour to reach room temp.
5.Bake in preheated (375) oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user STEPHY3301.