Caramel Apple Pork ChopsSubmitted by: NEWDLES
* 4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
* 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 2 tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced
* 3 tablespoons pecans (optional)
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
4. Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NEWDLES.