- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 296.7
- Total Fat: 9.8 g
- Cholesterol: 67.1 mg
- Sodium: 447.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.1 g
- Protein: 28.3 g
Beef Stir Fry with Ginger Teriyaki (from scratch)Submitted by: YIYEHTOV
IntroductionWhile many recipes on this site use prepared mixes, you make this easy sauce from scratch, thus giving you control over the sodium! While many recipes on this site use prepared mixes, you make this easy sauce from scratch, thus giving you control over the sodium!
For the sauce:
1/4 cup soy sauce (nutrition facts are for low-sodium soy sauce)
1 1/4 cups water
1 Tbs. grated ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbs dark brown sugar, packed
4 Tbs apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs dry sherry or sake (I've also used rice vinegar)
3 Tbs cornstarch
For the veggies and beef:
Canola Oil, 1 Tbs
Beef, top sirloin, 16 oz, sliced into strips
Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
Broccoli, fresh, 3 cup, chopped
Cabbage, fresh, 3 cup, chopped
Peppers, sweet, red, raw, sliced, 2 cup
Carrots, raw, 1 cup, chopped
Mushrooms, fresh, 3 cup, sliceed
Zucchini, 2 cup, sliced
Scallions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
2. Heat up the canola oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the beef strips and brown on all sides. Pull the beef out and set aside.
3. Add the onions to the oil still in the wok and sautee until they start to soften.
4. Add broccoli, cabbage, peppers and carrots and stir-fry for 3 or 4 minutes, until they start to soften.
5. Return the browned steak to the wok. Add mushrooms, zucchini, and scallions, and stir-fry another 4 or 5 minutes, until the zucchini begins to get soft.
6. Mix the sauce again so that it looks cloudy (which means the cornstarch is mixed back in), and pour all of it over the veggies and meat in the wok. Stir well, keeping the heat high. In a few minutes, the sauce will thicken and the veggies will turn shiny.
Makes 6 servings of about 2 cups. Serve over 1/2 cup brown rice or noodles. Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user YIYEHTOV.