- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 423.3
- Total Fat: 16.4 g
- Cholesterol: 64.7 mg
- Sodium: 893.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 26.7 g
Chicken Enchilada CasseroleSubmitted by: THECHAUFFEUR
IntroductionAn easy-to-bake, Mexican inspired chicken casserole. An easy-to-bake, Mexican inspired chicken casserole.
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1.5 tsp McCormick Taco Seasoning, No MSG Added
1 pkg McCormick Enchilada Sauce Mix
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
0.5 large white onion
1 15 oz can cannellini beans
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups Minute Rice, white, long grain (cooked)
8.5 6" Don Panchos flour tortillas
14 slices Tillamook mild cheddar cheese
2. Meanwhile, prepare Minute rice as per directions on the box (I cook it in the microwave).
3. Prepare McCormick Enchilada sauce as per the directions on the package, using the can of tomato sauce.
4. When chicken is cool, cut into small pieces (I would say about one half square inch chunks), and chop the onion into whatever size pieces you desire. Drain and rinse cannellini beans, and slice cheese.
5. With a basting brush, coat bottom and sides of 13"x9" glass baking dish with enchilada sauce. Brush two torillas with sauce on both sides and place in bottom of dish. Layer rice, vegetables (frozen), chicken, onion, and cannellini beans. Add some enchilada sauce and a few slices of cheese, and repeat the layering process. I tore a couple of tortillas into pieces to fill in gaps around the other tortillas to create more even layers. The amount of toppings in each layer is entirely up to you. For the top, place more tortillas brushed with enchilada sauce and and cheese slices on top. Make sure to leave some space between the cheese slices as they will melt and spread.
6. Cover dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit). Check after 30 minutes, but it will most likely take about 45. You'll want to see any juices along the sides of the dish bubbling as you want the frozen vegetables to be cooked. Remove foil and broil for a minute or two to brown top if desired. Makes ten servings.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user THECHAUFFEUR.