Nana's Gingerbread MenSubmitted by: NELSONMOMOF2
3/4 cup soft butter
1/2 cup brown suger (packed)
3/4 cup molasses
3 cup sifted flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 tsp powdered cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp powdered cinnamon
1) Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
2) Stir in egg and molasses.
3) Combin remaining ingredients and sift into creamy mixture. Fold together.
4) Chill dough for 2 hours.
5) Roll out and cut into gingerbread men. (Will make 40 thin men or 24 thick men.)
6) Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
7) Remove from making sheet and cool on wire racks.
Number of Servings: 40
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SARANELSON.