Orange berry cookiesSubmitted by: JRPAISLEY
IntroductionA tasty orange cookie with dried berries A tasty orange cookie with dried berries
2-2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 c unsalted butter or margarine, softened
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp orange extract
1 tsp dried orange peel
2 large eggs
2 c dried mixed berries
1 c powdered sugar
approx 1/4 c orange juice
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, orange extract, and orange peel in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
3. On low, gradually beat in flour mixture. If dough is sticky to the touch, gradually and a little more flour until dough is the correct consistency. Stir in dried berries.
4. Drop by rounded table spoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 7-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
6. (optional) While baking, gradually whisk in orange juice to powdered sugar just until you get a glaze that forms a light coat on the back of a spoon. Let cookies cool for about 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove, dip tops in glaze, and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies (serving size is 2 cookies with glaze)
1. I have already reduced the sugar amounts from the original recipe. However if you are using presweetened berries, you may want to alter the amount of sugar you are using.
2. This works well with egg beaters in place of real eggs.
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JRPAISLEY.