Cinnamon Buns!Submitted by: BMERCER2
IntroductionYUM YUM!! YUM YUM!!
1/2 C warm milk
3 tbsp marg melted for the dough
3 tbsp white sugar
1/2 C warm water
1 envelope active dry yeast
1 lg egg beaten
3/4 tsp salt
3-3 1/4 C flour
1 tbsp marg melted for brushing dough
1/3 C sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
3/4 C pecans (optional) NOTE: this is not added in for the nutritional info
pinch of allspice
1/4 C corn syrup
1/2 C icing sugar
2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2) in a large bowl add milk, melted marg(3tbsp) & sugar (3tbsp), stir add the yeast mixture stir till blended, add egg & salt mix. Add sour cream, stir in 2 1/2 cups od flour stir until mixture comes together.
3) turn dough out on a lightly floured surface, knead in remaining 1/2 cup of flour. you may need to add the remaining 1/4 depending on humidity. Knead for 8-10 mins. Dough should be smooth & satiny, but slightly tacky to touch. transfer dough to larg oiled bowl cover & let rise in a warm place until doubled in size about 1 hour.
4) mix the filling. Punch down the dough & roll onto a lightly floured surface10 1/2 X 15 1/2 inch rectangle. Brush dough with the 2 tbsp of marg and sprinkle on filling.
5) turn rectangle so it is facing your and roll tightly, pinch & seal ends. With a serrated knife cut roll into equal slices 1 1/2" thick transfer slices to baking sheet lined with parchment paper leaving approx 1/2" between the buns. cover loosly with tea towel. let rise until doubled in size about 30 mins
6) preheat oven to 375 F
7) lightly brush tops with melted marg and bake for 20-22 mins till golden brown let rest on bking sheet to cool slightly before glazing.
combine all ingredients into a saucepan over med. heat bring to a boil stirring occationally. let cool slightly before brushing on warm buns
Makes 17 DELICIOUS STICKY buns did I mention delicious!
Number of Servings: 17
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BMERCER2.