- Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 229.0
- Total Fat: 16.4 g
- Cholesterol: 51.1 mg
- Sodium: 357.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 9.6 g
Potato Sausage Soup - Toscana SoupSubmitted by: MANGLIN86
IntroductionThis potato soup with sausage is similar to the Olive Garden's famous Toscana soup. This potato soup with sausage is similar to the Olive Garden's famous Toscana soup.
* 3 links sweet Italian sausage
* 2 medium baking potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
* 2 to 3 slices bacon, diced
* 3/4 cup onions, diced
* 1 medium to large clove garlic, minced
* 2 cups escarole, chopped, or kale, cut in half, then sliced
* 2 tablespoons chicken base
* 6 cups water
* 1/2 cup whipping cream
Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken base, water and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes. Add sausage, kale and cream. Simmer 4 minutes and serve. Serves 7.
Number of Servings: 7
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MANGLIN86.