Vegetarian Tortilla SoupSubmitted by: CAROLINECHICAGO
IntroductionHere's the recipe for a quick-to-assemble tortilla soup. (Tortilla strips are optional). Here's the recipe for a quick-to-assemble tortilla soup. (Tortilla strips are optional).
2 large onions, diced
4 cloves garlice, minced
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 tsp cumin
2 tbsp chile powder
1 c cilantro, chopped
8 c vegetable stock
4 c water
1 15 oz can diced tomato
28 oz can black beans
corn tortillas, sliced into small strips (opt)
1. Spray a 7 quart saucepan with Pam or other cooking spray and add diced onions and garlic. Saute over med-high heat until tender, about 5 min.
2. Add tomato paste, cumin and chile poweder. Stir.
3. Add veg. stock and water and cilantro
4. Bring to fast simmer. Add black beans and diced tomato.
5. Simmer until flavors meld, about 20 to 30 min.
If adding corn tortilla strips, add to top of served soup. Corn tortilla strips not included in the nutritional information.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CAROLINECHICAGO.