- Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 171.6
- Total Fat: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 11.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 7.1 g
Habanero Chickpea Curry (5 Alarm)Submitted by: TX_3XDAD
IntroductionYowza! And delish! Serving size is one cup. Add quinoa or rolled oats for a thicker stew (not included in recipe). Yowza! And delish! Serving size is one cup. Add quinoa or rolled oats for a thicker stew (not included in recipe).
4 small zucchini, chopped into 1/4" discs
1lb dried chickpeas
1/4C canola or other high-heat oil (e.g., sesame)
6-8 Serrano peppers, sliced, with seeds
2-3 Habanero peppers, sliced, with seeds
1 medium onion, chopped
2T garlic powder
2T curry powder
2. Heat crockpot up, adding oil.
3. When it's hot, add the powdered spices.
4. Add chopped onion, coating well with oil and spices.
5. Add sliced zucchini, mixing well.
6. Add chickpeas, stir until everything's coated.
7. Cover crockpot. Either hight heat for five hours or 7-12 on lower heat.
Number of Servings: 14
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TX_3XDAD.