Veggie Fiesta EnchiladasSubmitted by: MISS_KITTY
IntroductionI threw this recipe together the other night using items I had on hand in the kitchen. It's a delicious vegetarian enchilada recipe that can easily be made vegan by omitting the shredded cheese. I threw this recipe together the other night using items I had on hand in the kitchen. It's a delicious vegetarian enchilada recipe that can easily be made vegan by omitting the shredded cheese.
2 Tbs olive oil
1 small red onion, diced
1 Cup chopped mushrooms
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Cup whole kernel corn
1 (4 oz) can green chiles
1/4 tsp ground cumin
3 oz. shredded Monterey cheese
10 whole wheat tortillas
1. Heat oil and saute onion until softened. Add mushrooms and saute several minutes over medium-low heat.
2. Add black beans and cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Add cumin and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Stir in corn and green chile.
4. Preheat oven to 375F.
5. While mixture is cooking, spray a large baking dish (I use 12/9) with cooking spray and pour 1/4 of a can of enchilada sauce into the bottom. The sauce should just coat the bottom of the dish.
6. Remove mixture from heat. Spoon some of the mixture into a tortilla and roll it up. Place seam-side down into the baking dish. Continue with remaining tortillas.
7. Spread remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas.
8. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
9. Remove foil, sprinkle enchiladas with shredded cheese and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MISS_KITTY.