- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 449.9
- Total Fat: 11.5 g
- Cholesterol: 90.9 mg
- Sodium: 1,292.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.2 g
- Protein: 44.4 g
Chicken Tacos on Hard Shells w/ Refried BeansSubmitted by: JONSMASH
IntroductionThis makes a great filling meal for my family of 5. I have 3 young kids and this works out great. However, this would work well for 4 adults. This makes a great filling meal for my family of 5. I have 3 young kids and this works out great. However, this would work well for 4 adults.
24 oz of Chicken - Boneless and Skinless
1 cup of Chopped Onions
1 cup of Diced Tomatos
3 oz of Spinach Leaves - Shredded
1/2 cup of Salsa
1 cup of Shredded Mexican Cheese - Made with 2% Milk
1 packet of McCormicks or Equivelant Taco Seasoning
3/4 Cup of Water
1 can of Refried Beans - Fat Free
2. Spray down a skillet with a non-stick spray or equivelant. Take chicken and onions and cook in a skillet on Medium High heat until no pink on chicken is found.
3. Shred Spinach and set aside.
4. Add seasoning mix and water to chicken and onions. Bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and let stand for thickness of sauce.
6. Warm taco shells and add chicken and the following sides to make a filling meal:
* For those on a 75 carb per meal diet, you can add a Whole Wheat soft Tortilla to your meal. For healthy meals, don't exceed 6 ounces of chicken.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JONSMASH.