Organic Adzuki Bean CakeSubmitted by: CARGENX
Introductionanother version of Asian red bean cake, from Whole Foods another version of Asian red bean cake, from Whole Foods
1 1/2 cups cooked red adzuki beans
1 1/2 cups cane sugar, divided
2 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1 cup white or brown rice flour
1 Tbsp baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter
2 1/2 cups milk
2. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with canola spray and set aside.
3. Mash the adzuki beans with 1/2 cup sugar by hand or in a food processor and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, blend the flours with the baking soda. Add the melted butter, eggs, milk, and remaining 1 cup sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Increase speed to high and continue to beat an additional 2 minutes.
5. Spread half the batter into the prepared pan. Carefully spread the mashed, sweetened adzuki beans on the batter. If necessary, add a little batter to adzuki beans to make beans of spreading consistency. The adzuki beans will blend into the batter a bit. Top with the remaining half of the batter, spreading evenly.
6. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until done when tested with a toothpick.
Makes 18 87g servings.
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CARGENX.