- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 266.5
- Total Fat: 8.6 g
- Cholesterol: 56.7 mg
- Sodium: 381.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
Moist Vanilla Jumbo Muffin Cake-ettesSubmitted by: CURVES_N_CURLS
IntroductionMade from Mom's ***Dad's Cake*** recipe, modified. Used to use shortening, in stead of butter, and was made in a pan. I'm using these as little cake-ettes and serving them with fresh strawberries. Made from Mom's ***Dad's Cake*** recipe, modified. Used to use shortening, in stead of butter, and was made in a pan. I'm using these as little cake-ettes and serving them with fresh strawberries.
(CREAM THESE TWO TOGETHER):
* 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
* 1/2 cup Butter
(MIX TOGETHER IN A BOWL):
* 2 cups Flour, all-purpose (white)
* 3 tsp. Baking Powder
* 1 tsp. Salt
(IN ANOTHER BOWL, MIX):
* 2 Eggs, large
* 2 tbsp. Milk (1% used for calculations)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
* 1 cup Milk (1% used for calculations)
2. Alternate flour mixture and cup of milk into the sugar / butter mixture. Beat for 2 minutes, then add the egg mixture and beat for 1 minute.
3. Divide evenly amongst the 12 muffin cups, and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 - 13 minutes, or until done - depending on your oven. Watch that they don't burn!
4. Invert onto wire rack to cool, and then store in an air-tight container once they are cooled. As they sit, covered, they get even more moist and delicious! :)
5. Serve plain, or top with fresh sliced strawberries (Not included in nutritional information!) or other fruit... Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CURVES_N_CURLS.