- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 175.2
- Total Fat: 7.8 g
- Cholesterol: 21.5 mg
- Sodium: 683.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
Filipino Arroscaldo (Porridge)Submitted by: CAMILLERIVERA
IntroductionThis is a great comfort food. My mother used to make it a lot and I've been craving it lately. At the moment, I am cooking some right NOW! Great thing about this recipe is that you can eat cold or hot. Awesome for cold weather or summer time. This is a great comfort food. My mother used to make it a lot and I've been craving it lately. At the moment, I am cooking some right NOW! Great thing about this recipe is that you can eat cold or hot. Awesome for cold weather or summer time.
4 chicken thigh
15 cloves garlic
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups Thai sweet rice (you can also use japanese sticky rice)
3/4 cup regular white rice (I used calrose)
1 T. pepper or 5 pepper corn
2 tsp. salt
6-7 cups of water
1. Thaw out chicken thighs if needed too.
2. Mix both type of rice in a bowl and soak for about 3 hours.
3. When chicken is thaw, remove as much fats as possible but leaving a little on the chicken WITH the skin. Add water, 10 cloves garlic, pepper, and chicken in a pot. Put to high and bring to a boil. Once it's boiling, bring it down to medium. Cover and cook for 45 minutes to an hour.
(This is making the chicken broth as well)
4. When chicken is done, take out chicken and set aside. Let it cool. DONT throw away broth, take out garlics and dispose. Set broth aside. You should get about 3-4 cups.
5. Once chicken is cooled off, shred meat off the bones into little thin strips, remove skin, bones, and rest of the fats. Dispose.
6. After 3 hours of soaking in water, drain and add rice to the broth.
7. Add chicken and garlic to the broth.
8. Add salt and stir. Cook for another 20-25 minutes to let the rice cook. Stir occasionally so it don't burn. Medium heat.
9. Add coconut milk and stir on medium heat for another 5 minutes just to get mix all the ingredients.
10. Add green onions if desired.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CAMILLERIVERA.