Mexican FalafelSubmitted by: SPECKER_RECK
* 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
* 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1/4 cup finely crushed baked tortilla chips (about 3/4 ounce)
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 large egg white
* 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
* 1/4 cup mashed peeled avocado
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomato
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
* 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
* 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 2 (6-inch) pitas, each cut in half crosswise
* 4 thin red onion slices, separated into rings
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until patties are browned and thoroughly heated.
To prepare spread, combine avocado and next 5 ingredients (through salt), stirring well. Place 1 patty in each pita half. Spread about 2 tablespoons avocado spread over patty in each pita half; top with onions and greens.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SPECKER_RECK.