Pineapple Lush CakeSubmitted by: ELAINEHN
1 Cake mix - white or yellow
1 can Diet Sprite (12 oz)
1 Egg white, 1 serving (optional)
1 cup crushed Pineapple
1 box Fat Free Sugar Free Pudding, Vanilla (4 Servings)
2 cups Cool Whip Free
2. Bake in prepared bundt pan at 375f for 35-40 minutes or according to package directions. (Different brands vary slightly.) You can also make this as a layer cake or sheet cake, but a bundt or tube pan makes for a beautiful final presentation.
3. While cake bakes ... mix all filling ingredients and refrigerate. Refrigerating several hours or overnight gives the filling a thicker consistancy.
4. Allow cake to cool completely (cool overnight if making ahead of time). Then slice horizontally into 3 layers.
5. Place 1/2 of filling between each of the layers. Assembling the cake in the bundt pan helps it hold it's shape and makes it easy to store in the refrigerator till ready to serve.
6. Refrigerate to allow the filling/cake to 'set' and become more stable.
7. If desired, garnish with additional Cool Whip Free and/or fresh berries. Cut into 16 slices and serve. (I cut into 24 smaller slices and it's still a decent size serving.)
*** You can substitute a ready-to-serve store bought Angle Food cake for super quick prep or use an angle food cake mix if desired.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ELAINEHN.