- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 375.6
- Total Fat: 7.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 63.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 96.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 26.4 g
- Protein: 23.4 g
Curried Vegan Black Urad Beans & Brown RiceSubmitted by: EVELYNF
For Full Recipe http://www.indiacurry.com/heal
For Full Recipe
* Urad Whole (Black Mapte Beans .5 cup dry), 2 cup (remove)
* Ginger Root, 0.25 cup slices (1" dia) (remove)
* Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Onions, raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia) (remove)
* Carrots, raw, 1 large (7-1/4" to 8-1/2" long) (remove)
* Celery, raw, 2 stalk, large (11"-12" long) (remove)
* Garlic, 6 cloves (remove)
* Turmeric, ground, 1 tsp (remove)
* *Cumin seed, 1 tsp (remove)
* Pepper, red or cayenne, 1 tsp (remove)
* *Bay Leaf - 1, 2 serving (remove)
* Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp (remove)
* Cloves, ground, 1 tsp (remove)
* Water, tap, 6 cup (8 fl oz) (remove)
* Brown Rice Medium Grain Raw 1 cup, 2 cup (remove)
Step 1: Add all the three ingredients in a pot. Bring it to a boil. Shut off heat. Let it rest covered for 4 hours to over night.
Step 2: Drain and rinse thoroughly.
Step 1: Heat vegetable oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add ingredients 2 through 5. Sauté till onions are clear. It will take about seven minutes.
Step 2: Add spices 6 through 10. Sauté two minutes.
Step 3: Add ingredients 11 through 15. Stir in presoaked beans and brown rice. Bring it to a boil. Cook covered on medium heat for 25 minutes.
Step 4: All items should have been cooked by now to their desired tenderness. Adjust spices and water to desired consistency, and simmer more if needed. Shut off heat. Stir in Cilantro.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EVELYNF.