- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 140.9
- Total Fat: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
- Sodium: 120.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 4.0 g
Eat Clean Banana Muffins (slightly modified)Submitted by: KWANGAWOO
IntroductionI love banana bread - the muffin version makes it easy to make sure portions are equal! I love banana bread - the muffin version makes it easy to make sure portions are equal!
* *Organic All-Purpose White Flour, 1 cup (remove)
* *Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, unenriched, .5 cup (remove)
* *Whole Grain Millet Flour, 0.25 cup (remove)
* *Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (eqv 1 cup sugar), 0.5 cup (remove)
* *baking powder, 1 tbsp (remove)
* *Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, 1 tsp (remove)
* Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp (remove)
* egg white, fresh, 4 large (remove)
* Banana, fresh, 1 cup, mashed (remove)
* Milk, nonfat, .5 cup (remove)
* *Lemon Juice, .25 lemon yields (remove)
* Apple juice, unsweetened, .3 cup (remove)
* Walnuts, .5 cup, chopped (remove)
* Salt, 1 dash (remove)
2. Mash bananas and set aside. In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine egg whites, banana, splenda brown sugar blend, and applesauce. Once mixed well, add flour mixture all at one time to banana mixture. Stir until moistened. The batter should be lumpy. Spoon mixture into pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 40 minutes, checking done-ness at 30 minutes. Test doneness by inserting a wooden toothpick near the center of the bread. The toothpick should come out clean.
4. Remove from oven and cool.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KWANGAWOO.