Pumpkin Bran MuffinsSubmitted by: JOANAFRANCESCA
1 1/2 cup Oat Bran
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup pumpkin filling
1/2 cup 1% milk
2 egg whites, beaten
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
Vegetable cooking spray
1. Combine oat bran, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
2. Separate 2 eggs and beat the egg whites
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add pumpkin filling, milk, egg whites, oil and apple sauce.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin pan so it is 2/3 full.
5. Bake approximately 10-12 minutes
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JOANAFRANCESCA.