General Tso's chickenSubmitted by: AYNOTBIGGIRL
IntroductionAlmost as good as take-out Almost as good as take-out
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 c flour
3 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp oil
Asian seasoning packet (you can find this in the Asian section at the grocery store)
crushed red pepper (optional)
2.Put the flour in a reclosable plastic bag
3. Add, chicken, seal and shake until coated evenly.
4. Combine seasoning, sugar, soy sauce and water. Set aside.
5. Heat oil in skillet until HOT. Add flour coated chicken and cook until browned evenly.
6. Add sauce mixture into skillet with chicken.
7. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer until sauce is to desired thickness.
To make sauce hotter add crushed red peppers to taste.
Makes 4 servings.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AYNOTBIGGIRL.