- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 281.0
- Total Fat: 11.7 g
- Cholesterol: 27.5 mg
- Sodium: 901.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 19.7 g
Ground Turkey-Mashed Potato Pot PieSubmitted by: DAKOTANMISTY
IntroductionThis is a variation of a family casserole dish. You can save time if you use canned cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup rather than make your own. I used Vegan Gourmet cheese alternative, mozzarella flavor; you may opt for a different cheese This is a variation of a family casserole dish. You can save time if you use canned cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup rather than make your own. I used Vegan Gourmet cheese alternative, mozzarella flavor; you may opt for a different cheese
1 lb. Ground Turkey Breast - 93/7
Betty Crocker 80 calorie instant mashed potatoes
1 29 oz. Can Veg All Home style Large Cut Green Beans (or Vegetables of your choice)
1 Can Cream of Chicken
1 Can Cream of Mushroom
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded cheese
2 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Paprika
Salt & Pepper
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
* 1/2 cup low-fat or fat free milk
* salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour; keep stirring until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat and add the chicken broth and milk, a little at a time, stirring to keep smooth. Return to heat. Bring sauce to a gentle boil; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed to taste.
Make Cream of Mushroom soup:
* 8 ounces thinly sliced mushrooms
* 2 cups boiling water
* 3 chicken bouillon cubes or equivalent base or granules
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
* 1/4 cup butter
* 3 tablespoons flour
* 3 cups milk
* salt and pepper
In a large saucepan, combine mushrooms, boiling water, chicken bouillon, and onion. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Melt butter in another saucepan; blend in flour. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add sauce to mushrooms and season to taste with salt and pepper.
1. Cook ground Turkey on stove in medium pan. Add garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, salt & pepper and cook till turkey is no longer pink.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cooked turkey, canned vegetables, cream of chicken & mushroom soup.
3. Spread the mixture in an un-greased 9x13 casserole dish.
4. Make the instant potatoes per directions. Then, spread on top of the veggie/turkey mix.
Bake at 375Â°F for 10 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with can french fried onions *not included in calorie calculations*; bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and onions are warm.
This serves 8 people appx. 1 cup servings
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DAKOTANMISTY.