- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 60.7
- Total Fat: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 200.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
60 Calorie Simple Spaghetti sauceSubmitted by: BOISTYJONES
IntroductionThis is a really simple, 5-minute spaghetti sauce with a little kick to it. Really easy to make, and GOOD! This is a really simple, 5-minute spaghetti sauce with a little kick to it. Really easy to make, and GOOD!
* Tomato Paste, 100 grams (one container)
* Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
* Garlic, 6 cloves, sliced or crushed
* Pepper, red or cayenne, .5 tsp (or to taste)
* Dried Oregano, 1 tsp (or to taste)
* Pepper, black, 1 tsp (or to taste)
It's important to note that all of the spices listed above can be modified to individual tastes! I like mine with just a bit of a kick, so that's how it's written down.
Also not that there is NO SALT in this. You should season to taste when serving.
2. Put in half of the garlic (3 cloves) and brown for up to a minute (until garlic begins to change color)
3. Add in the tomato paste, and about three times as much warm water. (You can use the paste container to measure this) mix well to integrate oil, garlic and paste.
4. Add in cayenne pepper, black pepper, and oregano, and stir gently. Simmer on a low flame for about 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Make sure not to let sauce boil or burn!
Sauce is ready when the consistency is to your liking, and little bubbles form in it. Take it off the heat, add in the rest of the garlic, stir well, and serve. Serving size: 1/4 cup.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BOISTYJONES.