- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 915.1
- Total Fat: 62.3 g
- Cholesterol: 1,492.6 mg
- Sodium: 2,889.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 67.6 g
Easy Chicken Liver PateSubmitted by: EATINTOLIVE
1 lb. Chicken livers, cleaned, rinsed, and drained
1 medium onion or shallot or combination, diced
8 oz. mushroom, slice or rough chop
4 tbs. butter (grassfed if possible)
1-2 tbs. lemon juice
2 tbs. sherry (medium or dry)
1 tsp. Herbs de provence or a combination of herbs you like (thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, etc.)
salt and pepper to taste
* If pan becomes dry or sticky add a tablespoon or two of water or chicken broth to keep things moving. Don't let onions brown or a bitter taste may develop.
* Add chicken livers, season with a little salt, pepper, sherry, herbs and lemon juice, and cook through. Slight pink on the inside is OK. The liquids will reduce but if it seems too dry add 1 tb. water. (about 7 minutes)
* Turn off heat and let pan cool a few minutes.
* Add contents of pan plus the remaining butter to a food processor or blender (I used a "Magic Bullet").
* Process until smooth, put into ramekins, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill. I filled 3 1-cup ramekins with this. Once chilled I put two of the ramekins into freezer bags and froze.
* Serve with crackers or a thinly sliced and oven toasted baguette.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EATINTOLIVE.