Spices, Seasonings and Sauces
20 Recipes Created by DOPKIGIRL
Recipes in this Collection
If you are cooking for someone on a low sodium diet, use this recipe instead of taco seasoning. This recipe is the equivelant to one package of taco seasoning (or 3 tablespoons.) Adjust the strength of any ingredient to your taste.Submitted by APRILDAWN678
Spaghetti squash is great without a lot of added stuff.
Choose a cooking method below and just enjoy the mild flavor of squash! North American Natives knew the value of sister squash!
Look for unblemished light colored squash, heavy for its weight. Wash , rinse and dry before cooking.
(If you cut the squash in half , to remove seeds before cooking reduce the water used)
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
* Bake It -- Pierce the whole shell several times with a large fork or skewer and place in baking dish. Cook squash in preheated 375F oven approximately 1 hour or until flesh is tender. Or place squash in dish with cut side down.
* Boil It -- Place squash in large pot and cover with water. Remove squash from pot and skewer once bring the pot of water to boiling, drop in the squash and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on its size. When a fork goes easily into the flesh, the squash is done. For half reduce and time in half, and drain well.
* Microwave It -- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Place squash cut sides up in a covered microwave dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook on high for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on size of squash. Add more cooking time if necessary. Let stand covered, for 5 minutes.
* Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot - Choose a smaller spaghetti squash (unless you have an extra large slow cooker) so that it will fit. Add 2 cups of water to slow cooker. Pierce the whole shell several times with a large fork or skewer, add to Crock Pot, cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours. If using a half seeded squash, place in pot cut side up, reduce water to 1 cup and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Comb your squash with a fork when cool enough to handle and serve with a little butter, salt and pepper to taste!Submitted by REBECCA2155
I LOVE bbq sauce, well sauce in general. I've been doing the keto diet, so I needed something Low Card instead. So, I modified a recipe I made years ago for Low Sodium BBQ Sauce, and converted it to Low Carb (keto, paleo, low carb friendly)
This recipe is approx. 1 net carb per tablespoon. Submitted by GIRL*IN*MOTION
* Carrots, raw, 1 medium (remove)
* Celery, raw, 1 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) (remove)
* Garlic, 3 cloves (remove)
* Onions, raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia) (remove)
* Baked Potato (baked potatoes), 1 potato (2-1/3" x 4-3/4") (remove)
* Water, tap, 8 cup (8 fl oz) (remove)
Submitted by JWARD199