Reward Yourself & Others with SparkGoodies!
Use SparkPoints to Buy Virtual Gifts
-- By SparkPeople
You can use the SparkPoints you earn on the site to buy virtual “goodies” for yourself and other SparkPeople members. Use them to reward yourself for working hard to achieve your healthy goals (with a vacation, a new wardrobe, or haircut), to thank other members for their advice and support (with greeting cards, balloons, and flower bouquets), or to decorate your own SparkPage with more of your own interests (a guitar, hybrid car, or knitting needles).
Why Buy SparkGoodies?
SparkPoints are one of our most popular motivational tools, as they reward you for every positive action you take to reach your goals, from reading an article to logging your food intake. Earning SparkPoints is a simple way to measure your progress and feel accomplished, even when the scale doesn’t move.
SparkGoodies take these Points to the next level! You can spend the Points you earn on virtual gifts, allowing you to reward yourself and others for a job well done.
How it Works
Giving, receiving and managing your SparkGoodies is simple! Just follow these steps:
- Earn SparkPoints by completing tasks on the site. The more SparkPoints you accumulate, the more you’ll have to spend on Goodies!
- Buy SparkGoodies for yourself or another member.
- When you purchase SparkGoodies, your total SparkPoints earned will remain unchanged, meaning that you will keep your current trophy and your place on the SparkPoints leaderboards. As an example, if you’ve earned 5,000 SparkPoints to date and you buy a Goodie worth 500 points, your SparkPoints total will remain 5,000 and only your purchasing power will change (5,000 – 500 = 4,500 points to spend). You can learn more about your SparkGoodies purchasing power on your SparkGoodies Details page.
- Log in and go to the member’s SparkPage
- Scroll down until you see the “My SparkGoodies” heading (on the left side of the SparkPage).
- Click the link that says “Give MEMBER a SparkGoodie”
- The next screen will show you how many SparkPoints you have to spend, along with the choices of Goodies and their respective prices. Click on the Goodie you want to give to this member.
- On the next page, you can attach a message with this Goodie (optional). Please note that the message you send with a Goodie is private—only the person who receives the SparkGoodie will be able to read it.
- Confirm that you want to buy it by clicking “Send Goodie” at the bottom of the page.
- This SparkGoodie will now appear on this member’s SparkPage under the “My SparkGoodies” heading, and the member may also receive an email letting them know that they’ve received a Goodie (if their email preferences allow).
- Log in and go to your SparkPage.
- Scroll down until you see the “My SparkGoodies” heading (on the left side of your SparkPage, below your photos).
- Click the link that says “Give Myself a SparkGoodie”
- The next screen will show you how many SparkPoints you have to spend, along with the choices of Goodies and their respective prices. Click on the Goodie you want to purchase.
- On the next page, you can attach a message with this Goodie (optional), and confirm that you want to buy it by clicking “Send Goodie” at the bottom of the page.
- This SparkGoodie will now appear on your SparkPage under the “My SparkGoodies” heading.