VIDEO: 6-Minute Hips, Glutes & Thighs Workout
Target Your Lower Body with this Effective Routine
-- By Nicole Nichols, Fitness Instructor
(Scroll down to push 'play' on the video player.)
For more information about this video, please scroll down to read the text below the video player.
About This Workout
Squat and lunge your way to a shapely lower half! Coach Nicole will lead you through four targeted exercises (plus stretches) that will help you develop tighter and firmer muscles over time.
- Length: 6 minutes
- Equipment: None
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Glutes and hamstrings
- Fitness Level: Beginner to advanced
- Impact: Low-impact
- Safety Precautions: Because some of these exercises require good balance, only attempt them if you feel comfortable. Hold on to a nearby chair or wall for support if necessary. Since this video will work your muscles to fatigue, rest at least 1-2 days before doing additional lower body exercises.
- NEW! Track Your Workout: Scroll down to the bottom of this article and click the "Add to Fitness Tracker" button. (You must be logged in for this to work.)
- Extra Tip: Watch out for poor form! Make sure you don't lean forward when lunging or squatting, and try to keep your weight balanced equally between both feet.
- You can pause or rewind the video at any time if you need a break or need to watch for closer instructions. We suggest watching the video one time through before attempting the workout.
- While this workout will take you through just one set (8-16 repetitions) of each exercise, they all focus on the same muscle group. Doing multiple sets of this video is not necessary. However, if you choose to do more sets, simply replay the video until you finish 2-3 sets.
- This video does not include music, but you can play a stereo or CD in the background as you workout. Just make sure you can still hear the instructions.
- To play the video, simply click on the Play button (bottom left corner) to start. Below the video screen, you'll find buttons for Pause, Stop, and volume control.