Indian Beef/Pork Recipes (Most Popular)
1) Mix chilli, cumin, pepper, ginger, garlic and tumeric in a small bowl, set aside.
2) Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 10 minutes or until golden. Add beef in batches and cook for 10 minutes, or until beef is lightly browned.
3) Return all beef to the pan, add the mixed spices plus the cinnamon stick, cardamon and nutmeg. COok for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add water (it should just cover beef) and chilli, bring to a boil.
4) Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
5) Stir in vinegar and sugar and cook for a further 20 minutes.
6) Meanwhile, cook rice for 10 - 15 minutes in boiling water then drain. Serve with lots of fresh steamed vegetables.
After I tried this recipe, my son has asked for it several times. We like it any meal of the day! Has a mild bite to it, nothing overwhelming. Want it spicier - add more masala/curry - or just some extra red pepper! My son likes some cheese sprinkled on top - feta or cheddar. Not included in nutritional info.Submitted by CRAFTYC