Indian Beef/Pork Recipes (Most Popular)
1) Mix chilli, cumin, pepper, ginger, garlic and tumeric in a small bowl, set aside.
2) Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 10 minutes or until golden. Add beef in batches and cook for 10 minutes, or until beef is lightly browned.
3) Return all beef to the pan, add the mixed spices plus the cinnamon stick, cardamon and nutmeg. COok for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add water (it should just cover beef) and chilli, bring to a boil.
4) Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
5) Stir in vinegar and sugar and cook for a further 20 minutes.
6) Meanwhile, cook rice for 10 - 15 minutes in boiling water then drain. Serve with lots of fresh steamed vegetables.
Ok, so it uses a commercial sauce and spice base, and the sodium level isn't exactly low, but this is a great recipe for when you want something simple and quick which will look and taste great. It's even better when served with the side dish suggested under 'Tips', which I adapted from one of Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meal side dishes.Submitted by HAVETOGETITOFF
Spicy Lamb Curry with vegetables over brown rice.Submitted by EBL1112
This is a fairly standard kheema matar recipe, but I decided to throw in some mushrooms for extra body and a slight boost to the vitamins and minerals. If you're wondering: Kheema: ground meat; matar: green peas. The yogurt - sour is better, but any plain, non-flavoured yogurt will do. Adjust the spicing to your own preferences.Submitted by BIGGIRL2082010