Thanksgiving Beef/Pork Recipes (Most Popular)
6 Layer Scallop Potatoes ðŸ˜„Enjoy!!
Peel and slice the potatoes. Approximately 10 small potatoes and 3 small sweet potatoes.
1.Using a lasagna pan. Place a layer of overlapping potatoes to cover the complete bottom of the pan. ( approximately 5 potatoes)
2. Slice onion into rings. Layer onions on top of potatoes.
3. Layer your sliced sweet potatoes on top of the onions.
4.Cut your ham in cubes. (Approximately 1/2 of the mini ham) Place on top of the sweet potatoes.
5. Layer the leftover of your potatoes on top of the ham.
6. Mix your small can of mushroom soup (284ml) with 1/2 cup of milk. Pour over all.
7. Layer your 3 cups of shredded cheese on top of your last layer of potatoes.
8. Put in your preheated oven at 350o for 45-55 mins or till potatoes are cooked.
Wild meats tend to have a "gamey" flavor. You can reduce that taste by skimming away all excess fat.
You can grill or pan fry your streaks.
Seriously, I may not be Granny on the Beverly Hill Billies, but I am a country girl who knows how to cook and loves to eat wild game.
And raccoon is no exception. Cooked slowly in a Crock Pot, this makes a very good meal.
Secret: Cut gamey taste by using Whole Cloves.
You know the second day after you make hamburgers, the ones that are left over, nobody wants to eat? This is a great way to handle that. Everybody likes this recipe - and you don't feel disgusting and fat afterwards from useless carby stuffing. If you are on Induction or really watching the carbs, cut back the onion to a tablespoon or two and add onion powder. You don't have to use 80% lean hamburger for the recipe, by the way. (If you use regular ground beef cut back on the coconut oil by about half.)