dj´s soup cookbook
13 Recipes Created by WANT2BHEALTHY60
Recipes in this Collection
This is my personal recipe that even gets my husband and veggie hating friends to eat their vegetables.Submitted by ~INDYGIRL
1. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
2. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add the carrots, celery and basil and cook for a few more minutes until the spices coat them nicely.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour covered, covered.
6. Using a wand blender, puree till smooth. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Makes three 2 cup (500 mL) servings. Freeze some portions for workdays on the run.
Submitted by SUNSHINE100
A relatively healthy and very tasty soup that has a surprise ingredient ( peanut butter). People find it hard to guess the 'secret ingredient' until they know what it is...and then....the flavour becomes very apparent once they have been made aware.Submitted by ROZZALYN
This is my favorite soup! I have it at least once a week during cold weather. It is low fat, very filling and children love it, too, so they get the veggies they need! it is packed full of nutrition.Submitted by BASTET2