Paleo Lunch Ideas
3 Recipes Created by MORGANBUSH525
Recipes in this Collection
Mango Chicken Salad with Chipotle Mayo
4-5 bacon strips, diced
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
3 cups already cooked chicken, diced (I used leftover grilled chicken breasts)
1 cup mango, diced
1/2 cup homemade paleo mayo - mix in chipotle powder to taste (this stuff is spicy so start with a small amount and work your way up from there)
Shredded romaine lettuce leaves
Sliced almonds as a garnish
1) In a medium sized skillet cook the bacon until almost crisp.
2) Add the diced red pepper and diced jalapeno and cook until the peppers are soft and the bacon is completely crisped.
3) Add the chicken and cook until warmed through (if you are using raw chicken, cook until the chicken is not longer pink in the middle)
4) Add the diced mango and cook until warmed through, about another 2 minutes.
5) Serve each plate with a pile of romaine, a scoop of the chicken mixture, and a drizzle of the chipotle mayo. Top with sliced almonds if desired. This served 2 adults and 1 hungry almost 4 year old so if I were making this for our entire family of 5 for dinner I would double it and so should you!!Submitted by HOLLIER14