Sweet potato enchiladas
Delicious alternative to enchilada bakes made with tortillas!
Thinly sliced sweet potatoes act as a tortilla replacement. Slice 2-2.5 sweet potatoes into thin disks and set aside.
In a frying pan add one pad of butter and fry seasoned chicken thighs on both sides until browned.
Seasoning suggestions: cumin, chilli powder, hot pepper flakes, salt, pepper, or favorite taco seasoning.
- once browned, cover chicken with lid and simmer on medium low until fully cooked.
- once cooled - chop chicken into cubes or slice thinly.
- thinly slice peppers and onion
- in a 13"x9" pan layer sweet potato slices to cover the entire bottom of pan. (No need to grease pan).
- then cover that with a layer of your pepper, onions, chicken, and half of the cheese.
-add another layer of the same
- add any additional slices of sweet potato on top.
-- in the frying pan --
Save the juice from the chicken and add spir cream and chicken broth. Reduce to by 1/2 and pour over.
Serve with chopped fresh cilantro and salsa if preferred.Submitted by: PRISCILLAPRIEBE
CALORIES: 204 |
FAT: 8g |
PROTEIN: 13.3g |
CARBS: 19.5g |